- Place the suckling pig upwards. Clean it well and make sure it is open during cooking.
- Brush with lard the whole inner surface.
- Combine coarse salt and garlic. Chop the shallots. Brush the mix all over the inside.
- Put the bay leaves over the suckling pig.
- Place the suckling pig on a roaster. Add wine. Put inside the oven.
- Do not overheat. If necessary, cover with aluminum foil.
You should use a roaster with fluted bottom so meat is not in contact with fat. Alecook has got oval or rectangular roasters with fluted bottom in measures ranging from 30 to 65 cm. (fluted shape is used to prevent the contact of meat with the bottom where we can put an hydrator to taste : water, beer, wine, etc…in this way, meat in not cooked by contact with the liquid and a juicier roast is obtained.)
- Time depends on the temperature of the oven. Pre-heat oven to 200ºC
- Bake in the oven for 1hour and 30minutes aprox.
- Chop and serve in a baking dish.
* SIDE DISH:
A shredded, raw carrots salad with hearts of palm. Season with lemon mayonnaise and vinegared ají (chilli) smoothed with olive oil.